Do you have old paint cans and other hazardous household items you’d like to get rid of? What about some old office supplies or material you’d like to donate? Toronto’s Environment Days are starting on March 31st, 2012 and this is the place to give and receive – below is a small list of what you can give AND you can also get kitchen bins and even compost for the garden.
Click on this link to see the date for your neighborhood, what donations they’re accepting and what hazardous waste they accept.
Quick Overview of Donations Accepted:
Items donated to local schools for reuse*
• Art supplies (e.g. pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
• Buttons, keys, and collectors’ coins and stamps
• Clipboards, corks and cork boards
• CDs and cases
• Children’s books
• Costume jewelry including broken/old watches and clocks with hands
• Dress-up clothing (e.g. costumes, prom dresses, uniforms, etc.)
• Fabric pieces and yarn
• 35mm cameras and equipment
Other Items donated for reuse * (please keep separate from others)
• Sporting goods (e.g. skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
• Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
• Medical equipment in good condition (e.g. eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.)
• Small household items (e.g. dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
• Textiles in good condition (e.g. clothing, linens, etc.)
• Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
The City asks that all donated items must be in very good condition.
More information on Toronto Community Environment Days
Deanne Kelleher is the principal of kAos Group, author of the Core Four™ System and a motivational speaker and facilitator on productivity. kAos Group works with clients to help identify inefficiencies – the clutter and disorganization that prevents professional and personal growth – and help clients streamline their business and personal lives to reduce stress, increase profits, and create more time.
Visit www.kaosgroup.com to review the Organized Lifestyle Magazine for tips and motivation for your home, office, time and spirit.