Think about your office, wherever it may be, and ask yourself if the organizational structure – the work flow and paper flow of that space truly support your work style? If not, ask yourself what is your motivation for making it better.
- Space layout
- Is your work station ergonomically correct
- Do you have enough lighting (after I turned 40, I put another desk lamp on my desk 🙂
- Administrative work
- Some love it and some don’t. But being organized can reduce the overall time spent on admin duties and give you more time for other things
- Safe place to catch all
- Do you have a place in your office, a system that you trust, to put incoming papers, notes and documents until you process them
- Your email, your calendar and your tasks
- You’d like to be in control of these activities
- You’d like to feel that you can achieve your 2013 goals
This motivates me to organize my office:
Read more about organizing your office.