Here are 10 tips to maximize the time you do have written by the Professional Organizers in Canada Association for the CBC website.
Enjoy the read!
Five tips for your personal life:
1. Do your prep the night before. Whether it is making your lunch, selecting your outfit for the next day or making brunch reservations with friends, get it done in advance. This will save you a few minutes each day – minutes that can seriously add up.
2. Exercise. You may think this will take time out of your day – think again. By exercising two to three times per week, you are doing something good for your health, and you will be more energized in general. This will help you get things done quicker and free up more time.
3. Keep a to-do list on you at all times. Whether it is a mobile note app or a simple piece of paper in your pocket, keep track of your errands and to-dos. This will help you to incorporate these things into your schedule easier, act as a good reminder and keep you more efficient in your personal life.
4. Schedule out appointments and important life tasks in advance and at the same times each year. Book your medical appointments in advance and set aside time for personal administrative work – all during the same times every year. This is helpful because you will have everything laid out in advance and you can work it into times of year benefit both your work and personal schedules.
5. Set aside time each week to do something special. Make sure that, no matter how busy you are, you take time to play. Seeing friends and family, being outdoors or doing a favourite activity once a week, truly contributes to your happiness and well being. By planning in advance, you control how long each weekly activity will be and you won’t waste any time organizing it for yourself.